Saturday, April 20, 2019

NYC: the MET, Central Park and Theater



I wanted to take a few days off before starting a new job, so NYC seemed to be the best place.  Nice train ride (even though the Amtrak express isn’t an express), and in four hours I was in the heart of midtown.

I stayed at a not-so-nice hotel off 56th but it was close to the theaters and Central Park. In just a day and half I saw two plays (The Ferryman and All My Sons), walked through Central Park and visited the MET @metmuseum where I saw the best Rock & Roll Instrument exhibit. Except for the hotel, this was a terrific trip.

The weather didn’t really cooperate for photos. They are a little dark, but will provide great memories anyway. 

Central Park


Walked along the south park though the Literary Walk including Shakespeare, Robert Burns and Walter Scott, then up 5th Avenue to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. 

Central Park Zoo

Spring is almost here



Robert Burns (Literary Walk)


The MET Instruments of Rock and Roll


From the Beatles to Van Halen to The Who the collection was provided by the estates and musicians themselves #metrockandroll. I also stopped by the Expressionist and several photo exhibits. Finally I went to the Canton Roof Garden #CantonRoof.


Sir Paul McCartney's Union Jack Violin Bass
Keith Moon's Drum Set


Jimmy Page's Sonic Wave

Eddie Van Halen's Frankenstein

The Explorer, Original Flying V

Tom Morrello's Soul Power

Wanda Jackson - Queen of Rockabiliy



Rest of the Best of Midtown

Times Square

The Plaza

Old and New


A visit long remembered! I'll have to travel down to NYC more often. It's been a while since I've been downtown and should travel to Brooklyn too. Next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment