Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Holidays...Is It All Just Window Dressing?


Waxing lyrical about the holidays has never been something for me. Perhaps it is all the media ads and commercial sales, or maybe I'm just a Scrooge at heart. I hope it isn't the latter. I'd like to get in the swing of it, but I find it increasingly more difficult the older I get.



I miss the Christmas Markets in Europe. I felt so much more alive there and it just seemed so natural. 

I revisited some of my posts from the past two years. If you've been to Europe over the winter holidays you know what I mean.

Christmas Markets Open in Slovakia

Way to Party at the Vienna Christmas Markets

Christmas Markets Open in Piestany

But, I'm not in Europe so to try and get "into the spirit" as so many call it, I took this lovely sunny weekend to walk around Boston and Salem to view the holiday "window dressings" to help me. If you need a nudge to move forward this holiday as I did, perhaps these visuals will help.











A Walk Through Boston





 


No comments:

Post a Comment