Saturday, September 26, 2015

I'm Back...Continuing My Adventure in Slovakia

A view of the River Vah in Piešťany, Slovakia

It has been a year-and-a-half, but as the taxi drove down Teplická Street in Piešťany it felt I had only been gone a few days. 

After two jobs in eight months in the US, I honestly felt I really didn't want to start all over again. I was missing Europe and my friends in Slovakia. Fortunately for me, Dental Holiday, the dental clinic I contracted with while teaching in Piešťany, was willing to sponsor me to handle all the marketing for both the Piešťany and Bratislava clinics. 

I'm staying at a very nice hotel in the city and will soon move into my old flat. Amazingly the flat is still available and is pretty much as I left it. How great is that!

I'm getting re-acquainted with old friends and former students, some still want lessons so I'll be able to supplement my income with teaching. 

It will be a stretch financially, but I'm hoping within a few months I'll be able to have enough money from the clinic, which is really growing, and teaching to make it all work.

Look for my "adventure" posts as I continue to explore, travel and experience life as an expat.


No comments:

Post a Comment