Monday, February 19, 2018

Celebrating President's Day at JFK Library and Museum


It had been several years since I visited JFK Library & Museum in South Boston. An easy ride on the T and a ten minute walk (on a beautiful winter day) to one of the most impressive presidential library at Columbia Point on the Boston Harbor.

As I walked through the library I'm reminded what it must have been like to have a statesman as President. Hopefully we will have a president again that will honor the office.

Due to the holiday, there were several activities not normal to the museum; one being several actors portraying president's discussing their presidency. The first was John Adams (I ended up watching the HBO series when I got home), Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln.






















Most of the library is filled with JFK family memorabilia. On July 4, 2017 I visited the JFK Museum in Hyannis Port where they celebrated his 100 year with a timeline. The South Boston library had a similar travel travel through his life in pictures.



After my tour through the library, I walked along the Boston Harbor Walk taking in the city views.









No comments:

Post a Comment