Sunday, August 26, 2018

Ride the Boston Rails Weekends for Only $10

Visiting the North Shore from Boston is fun, interesting and picturesque, but can be pricey to stop off and on from Salem to Gloucester. However, as it turns out, not during the summer weekends. For only $10 I bought a pass whereby I can hop/on/hop/off the train all the way up the North Shore both Saturday and Sunday!





This weekend was particularly nice so I spent Saturday by traveling from Boston to Gloucester and walking around the harbor and visiting the historical museum.

Gloucester is a favorite North Shore destination, filled with art studio and scenic harbor views. I usually go every summer to get my fix.

On this visit I decided to stop by the Crows Nest where many shots of the film The Perfect Storm was filmed.




From Gloucester I hopped back on the train to Manchester by-the-Sea, a favorite little coastal village, for lunch. Last time I was in Manchester I ate at Calas, this time I decided to try Seven Central. It was lovely. I sat outside overlooking a stream.

On Sunday, I traveled to my old stopping ground, Salem. I lived in Salem so I have several posts. This time I visited the Peabody Essex Museum (PEM) to see the latest exhibition, The Empresses of the Forbidden City. Wow! What a treat.



No comments:

Post a Comment