Monday, November 26, 2018

Chichester and Oxford - Cathedral Cities in England

Once and a while I get the chance to travel for work. I'm fortunate enough to work with colleagues in both Chichester and Oxford.

Chichester

As I was walking through the what I termed a village, my colleague said Chichester is a city because any place that has a cathedral is a city. The city is about 12 blocks with the Cathedral in the center. 

City Center

Cathedral Courtyard
City Walls
























Oxford

Oxford
Not at all what I expected. In television and films the images of Oxford are tree lined streets, castles and garden paths. However, most of Oxford is very urban with shops, fast food joints, and malls. There is a section of the city where the colleges are located where trees, gardens and the rest of what you'd expect to see, are present.

Seeing Oxford in a cloudy day, provided the typical English backdrop.














No comments:

Post a Comment